There are many types of dementia, but the most common is Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s disease is progressive, which initially leads to mild memory loss and then possibly to loss of the ability to effectively communicate with others or respond to the environment. It involves areas of the brain that are associated with memory, thought, and language. It can impair a person’s ability to perform daily activities.
Alzheimer Home Care Services
If you choose to hire a caregiver for your loved one suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, these are the basic services their caregiver will provide:
● Monitoring and companionship
● Managing moments of confusion, anxiety, and anger
● Wandering prevention
● Medication reminders
● Accompaniment to appointments
● Grocery shopping and prescription pickups
● Laundry and light housekeeping
● Assistance with bathing and toileting
● Help with dressing and grooming
● Meal planning and meal preparation
● Mobility and transfer assistance
Some additional services your homecare provider might offer:
● Talking to the doctor
● Giving medicines, helping with physical therapy, or injections
● Provide emotional and comfort care during the last days of life
● Help with financial planning
When to Seek Alzheimer Home Care for Your Elderly?
In cases where you are unable to provide your elderly loved one with sufficient care, consider hiring a caregiver.
The following questions might help you determine what to do:
● Is the person with dementia not receiving the care he or she deserves?
● Are my routine activities being disturbed?
● Am I getting overly burdened, irritated, or stressed due to caregiving?
● Is the health of my loved one and me at risk?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it means it’s time to hire someone who can provide quality care to your older adult.
Tips to Find the Right Home Care Provider
A skilled caregiver and a care plan that meets the needs of the patients are important. When looking for an Alzheimer home care provider, be sure to keep these points in mind:
● Make a list of the kind of care you want the caregiver to provide to your elderly.
● Call the home care provider to know what services they are offering and whether they meet your adult’s needs.
● Interview the caregiver when he or she comes to your location, and prepare the questions beforehand.
● Read the company’s reviews online or talk to someone who has worked with the caregiver in the past.
● Share all the necessary information about your patient with the caregiver so they can provide better care.
Choose Home Care Pros, the Best Alzheimer Home Care Company in Alameda, Berkeley, Castro Valley, Oakland, Orinda, Lafayette, Danville, Blackhawk, Alamo and Walnut Creek.
Home Care Pros is a leading company in Alameda providing in-home care to people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. We understand that Taking care of Alzheimer’s patients places a heavy burden on families. Our goal is to make it easier for you.
We have 20 years of experience in dealing with such patients and can handle their aggression, refusal to do routine tasks, depression, etc. with extensive care, respect, and affinity. Give us a call, and we will be happy to help you and your loved one!