When an aging loved one is struggling to manage household chores and activities of daily living (ADLs), it can cause substantial concern for their family members. Hiring home care can help the elderly remain independent and safe in their own homes. Professional in-home caregivers provide elderly adults with hands-on care and help with emotional and routine tasks.
Benefits of Elderly In-home Care
Both elderly adults and their family members will experience more peace of mind after hiring a professional caregiver. You can enjoy the following four benefits, once get a caregiver at home:
1. A Sense of Independence and Dignity
By providing ongoing assistance, caregivers enable aging adults to remain independent, comfortable, and socially active in place. The extra support an older adult needs to feel more independent can make all the difference. The benefits of this can help boost self-esteem and improve their outlook on life.
2. Peace of mind for the whole family
No matter how far you are from your home, you cannot ignore the concerns of a loved one who needs help at home. Home care services offer personalized care that family members cannot provide on a full-time basis. As part of a senior’s care plan, this addition offers family members invaluable respite experiences and prevent caregiver exhaustion.
3. Emotional Support, Companionship, and Social Interaction
A large population of elderly adults either live alone at home or are forced to move to an assisted living facility. If you choose to keep an elderly relative in your sight, in-home care will be your right choice. Besides helping the elderly with ADLs, the caregiver will also provide emotional support. Older adults can also build strong relations with their caregiver and stay socially active when they spend a great deal of time with him/her.
4. Transportation safety
At some point in life, it’s not safe for the elderly to continue driving. However, it remains crucial to carry out routine tasks, for visiting the doctor or even going to a grocery store. A caregiver can take the responsibility of providing safe transportation to and from shopping, errands, or appointments. This way, you’ll rest assured that your loved one is living independently and safely.
Caregivers Should Have These 5 Qualities
Screening a caregiver will let you and your loved one get to know the person or people who will be assisting the elderly well before the actual work begins. These 5 points will ensure you’re hiring a compassionate and professional caregiver:
● Experience: Make sure the in-home care provider has extensive experience and knowledge of the areas your elderly parent needs assistance with.
● Expertise: The caregiver must know how to perfectly perform the tasks your senior needs help with.
● Compassion: He or she should be compassionate about their job. They must have sympathy for the person they are caregiving.
● Patience: Caregiving isn’t easy, and only a certain kind of person should choose it as his or her career. Patience is one of the most important characteristics to look for in a caregiver, especially if your loved one is suffering from any form of dementia.
● Communication: Professional caregivers should always maintain a positive attitude and be good communicators. Since they will spend a lot of time with your elderly parent, it is important that they can communicate well with one another.
Let us Help you Finding a Reputable Elderly In-home Care Company in Alameda, CA
Home Care Pros offer quality services and flexible scheduling, helping your elderly live a respectful and dignified life at home.
Our trained and qualified caregivers can assist in any situation for any family in Alameda, Berkeley, Castro Valley, Oakland, Orinda, Lafayette, Danville, Blackhawk, Alamo and Walnut Creek. Contact us for our elite services offered by our dedicated team!